The more travelers have done the tour with you in the last 7 days, the higher your tour page will rank in your city page.
By having more attendees, you will not only earn more money, but by being better ranked, you will also receive more bookings.
A virtuous circle.
What do we mean by "attendee"?
First of all, it’s important to understand what we mean by “attendee” and why it’s so important to us:
The attendees of an event are those walkers who booked your tour on GuruWalk and who have actually done the tour.
In order to calculate the score of the tours, we take into account the attendees of the last 7 days, discounting the last 72 hours (which is the time limit that the gurus have to confirm walkers’ attendance for each event).
At GuruWalk we are working hard so you can get bookings and that’s why we have to try together that the maximum number of walkers end up doing the tour and have a great experience.
How can I increase the number of attendees?
There are many ways to achieve this, but here we are going to mention 8 that we think work best:
1. If they can't do the tour and cancel their booking, invite them to book the tour again at another time.
2. If you can’t do the tour, call travelers to ask when they would be available to do it and modify the booking time in our system instead of canceling it.
3. If they don't show up or cancel, ask why. They will appreciate your concern and you can adapt the tour and anticipate problems.
- Was it difficult to get to the meeting point? Advise how to get to the tour, change the meeting point, let them know if there is a lot of traffic or delay in public transport.
- Was the tour schedule suitable?
- Was rain or a lot of heat forecast? Offer them to bring an umbrella if they don’t have one, let them know that the tour will be done in the shade, ...
4. Reach out to walkers before the tour and encourage them to come. Nobody likes to disappoint an excited person. Tell them that you will have a surprise for them, that you really are excited to do the tour with them, ...
5. Extend your tour availability and offer the tour in more languages. Differentiate yourself from other tours. Figure out when travelers arrive and leave your city.
6. Have a complete profile, with great pictures and an eye-catching description.
7. Have at least 10 reviews on your tour page and recent ones. Encourage walkers to leave reviews. You can also do a tour with friends or family to get your first reviews.
8. Reach out to other gurus in your city and in other nearby cities. When these gurus are not available, they can invite travelers to book your tour and vice versa. Moreover, if they have complementary tours, you can recommend each other.
If you know of any other way to increase the number of attendees, we will be happy to add them to help other gurus.