Now in the "Messages" section, we have 2 channels to contact travelers through GuruWalk. They are both in "Messages".
- A private channel (direct message), between a traveler and the guru. It's what our system has always had.
- A group channel (group chat), between all the participants of an event (ex: tour on May 15 at 10 a.m.) and the guru.
The second option is new. Group messages make it easy for the guru to share information of interest to the entire group of travelers at once instead of writing one by one (reminders, information of interest, recommendations, changes to the route, ...). We also hope to get travelers more involved and increase their presence on the tour.
How does it work in practice?
- If you have a scheduled welcome message, it will be sent in the group chat when the first booking is made for an event or tour session. The traveler will be notified of the welcome message, as always, by email as soon as the booking is made.
- When new bookings come in, these travelers will be added to the group chat and the welcome message will be sent to them by email.
- From there, all group participants will be notified when there is a new message in the group chat, both the guru and the walkers.
- If you see a traveler asking a personal question, we recommend answering privately with a direct message, but if the answer can be useful for the whole group, then it would be better to do it in the group chat.