All Hobby accounts on Guruwalk, should confirm if they will be doing an event when they receive one or multiple new bookings for the first time.
Many gurus have asked for this, and we know it will help us improve the experience for both you and the travelers.
This manual confirmation of bookings only applies to the free "hobby" plan. You can learn more about the PRO plan here.
In our tests, the most prominent comments from travelers who experimented with this manual confirmation system indicated that speed in confirming their booking was essential, as well as good communication with the guru before and during the tour.
How does it work?
1) You receive the first booking for an event (ex: Friday March 20th at 10am)
2) We email you to confirm/cancel the event.
You can also manage them in the "bookings" section of the website or from the app.
3) Once you choose the option that suits you*, the traveler will be notified by email and you will also receive an email with the booking information if you confirmed.
If new bookings for an unconfirmed event come in, they will have "unconfirmed booking" status for the traveler, and we will continue to email you to confirm/cancel the event.
In your booking panel you will see this banner if you have unconfirmed events, clicking on "Check your unconfirmed events" will automatically filter these events, so you can review them:
*You will have the option to confirm or cancel the event. When confirming the event, we will no longer ask you to confirm new bookings that come in after confirming the event.
Frequently asked questions:
What if I can't confirm immediately?
- Walkers are waiting for your decision. If many hours pass, they can change their plans and book another tour. That's why we recommend that you contact them as soon as possible and take action regarding their booking. If you don't have the app yet, we recommend you download it to be notified as soon as possible.
Why is it important to confirm the booking?
- It's important to confirm in our system (not only by message), otherwise the walker will not attend the tour or you may lose a good review, since we will not request it. We trust you so that the booking does not remain unconfirmed/ canceled, because it would be very confusing and disappointing for the walker.