We wanted to explain to you why and how to use the feature of sending an automatic welcome message when getting a new booking.
With this kind of tour, nothing is paid in advance and there are no penalties. Therefore, there is a higher risk that the traveler simply does not show up at the meeting point.
That is why we have created a feature on GuruWalk where you write it once, and it is automatically sent from your account to travelers. It will be sent right after the booking is made.
Very important! Try to remove all additional details of your tour description that don’t help to sell your tour and insert them in your welcome message. Things like:
- The type of clothes or shoes. Example: come in comfortable shoes, with warm clothes, sunscreen, hat, etc.
- Extra details about the tour. If there is a stop to go to the bathroom, possibility to buy water or to eat during the guruwalk, if some monuments are closed during a few days of the tour, …
- Additional contact information (phone, email,...)
How to set your welcome message
You will be able to create a welcome message for each tour you have available and in each language of the tour.
1) Go to "My tours".
2) Click on "Edit" of the tour where you are going to create the message
3) Go to "Languages and tour times".
4) Click on "Welcome message" and write the message for the travelers that book in this language
6) Click "Save"