For travelers, when they are browsing for a tour, they can filter by dates, and expect that if a listing is shown as available for the chosen dates, they could attend, if it appears in the search.
That's why you should block the event or time range in advance in the GuruWalk system to avoid having to cancel bookings and generate a bad experience for travelers.
By "event", we mean a specific tour (Ex: tour on September 2 at 10:00).
1) Go the tour page. (Image 1)
2) There you will see a lock that says "Block events" under "Edit tour", click there.
3) You will land on your tour availability panel. At the end you will see 2 blue buttons, these are the ones that interest us.
Availability Panel features:
- Block events individually. Here you can block events one by one, perfect if you are unavailable because you have a meeting, for example.
- Block date range. Here you can block events for a period of time, more practical if you are traveling, for example.
NOTE! You can block events in all the languages of your tour, or choosing only the language you need to block.
Image1. My tours
Image 2. Tour page
Image 3. Availability Panel
⚠️ When you block an event or multiple ones, this change is not immediately reflected in the system, if within 5 to 20 minutes you see that the changes are not saved, contact us.
📣 Blocking an event does not cancel existing bookings! If you have already received bookings for the event that you are going to block, you will be noticed. You need to talk to the traveler to see if the tour could be scheduled at another time and modify the booking in our system. If you can’t find another time, you will have to cancel the booking in our system as well.
⛔️ You should not get confused between blocking events and closing your tour, be very careful. When you close your tour, all the bookings you have upcoming will NOT be automatically canceled and this should not be done lightly, you should cancel them first.
It is important that you contact us before if you want to close your tour, and you have active bookings, as it is necessary to cancel them, and we could relocate them to other gurus.