If you receive a booking that you are not able to do, you have two options, since all the bookings made on your tour are always confirmed automatically!
When a traveler makes a booking:
- An automatic email is sent to the traveler, confirming that the tour will take place. All the details of the booking are sent in this email (name of the tour, date, time). An automatic reminder is also sent 12 hours before the tour.
- An automatic email is sent to you with the booking details (traveler’s name, date, time, telephone number if they have put it in the booking, …).
If you can't do the tour, you have two options:
-Modify the booking: You will have to talk to the traveler to specify a new time/date to do the tour and make the update in the system as we explain later.
-Cancel booking: This option creates a bad experience for the traveler. So, as long as it can be avoided and anticipated, as much the better! In addition, the cancellation rate is one of the factors of your tour's position on your city's page. The more cancellations and the closer to the date of the reservation, the worse position you will have and the fewer reservations you will receive.
That's why we always recommend you to change the time of your booking instead of canceling it.
Step by step to modify(3.1) or cancel(3.2) a booking
1) Go to your Bookings and by default it will show you the "upcoming events", you can also filter by:
-Date of the event
2) Find the event you need to change and click on "Manage Event".
3.1) Click on "Modify Schedule", select the new date/time and click on "Yes, modify schedule"
What does this mean?
- "Lock Current Date" means that the current date of the event will be locked out from receiving any further bookings, this option works when you may want to reopen the availability of this event in the future.
- "Cancel Current Event": If you do not want to receive any more bookings, you can cancel the event as well, but it will not be possible for you to reopen it again unlike "block current date".
- "Allow or Don't allow any more reservations": If you don't want to receive any more reservations for an event, you can select this option to close the availability of this event or vice versa.
3.2) Find the event you need to cancel, click on "cancel booking"
Note: It is mandatory to write a message, which is sent directly to the traveler, explaining the reason for the cancellation and possible alternatives in the city. You must also select the reason for the cancellation since the cancellation must comply with the cancellation policy.