If you receive a booking that you are not able to do, you have two options, even if the booking hasn't been confirmed yet
If you can't do the tour, you have two options, that you must do before the starting time of the tour:
-Modify the booking: You will have to talk to the traveler to specify a new time/date to do the tour and make the update in the system as we explain later.
-Cancel booking: This option creates a bad experience for the traveler. So, as long as it can be avoided and anticipated, as much the better! In addition, the cancellation rate is one of the factors of your tour's position on your city's page. The more cancellations and the closer to the date of the reservation, the worse position you will have and the fewer reservations you will receive.
That's why we always recommend you to change the time of your booking instead of canceling it.
Step by step to modify(3.1) or cancel(3.2) a booking
1) Go to your Bookings and by default it will show you the "upcoming events", you can also filter by:
-Date of the event
2) Find the event you need to change and click on "Manage Event".
3.1) Click on "Modify Schedule", select the new date/time and click on "Yes, modify schedule"
What does this mean?
- "Lock Current Date" means that the current date of the event will be locked out from receiving any further bookings, this option works when you may want to reopen the availability of this event in the future.
- "Cancel Current Event": If you do not want to receive any more bookings, you can cancel the event as well, but it will not be possible for you to reopen it again unlike "block current date".
- "Allow or Don't allow any more reservations": If you don't want to receive any more reservations for an event, you can select this option to close the availability of this event or vice versa.
3.2) Find the event you want to cancel, click on "cancel booking" and you will follow a series of steps to make the cancellation correctly:
First screen to start the cancellation process:
Indicate the reason for cancellation and continue:
Write an explanation, at least 50 characters long, to the traveler, here are some tips on how to write the best cancellation message.
Finally, you only have to confirm the cancellation
🛑 Remember that the cancellation must comply with the cancellation policy.